13 May 2010
Been-Too-Busy-To-Blog Link Dump
Most of this stuff is relatively old now, but still worth mentioning.
- Your Old Crap Website
- “Dredging the internet archives 1996–2001 — Websites then and now”
- Sleep Is Death flip book
- See if you can guess the big twist. It’s a lovely idea and it’ll be interesting to see how it works out in practice.
- Colours In Cultures
- Useful information, but I found the circular visualisation rather unhelpful.
- We ain’t no hooligans, this ain’t no football song
- A MetaFilter post and comments covering the joys and horrors of football songs.
- Spectrum Games - Programmer Interview - David M Webb
- His books were hugely helpful, and Starion was technically superb. Is it wrong of me to feel disappointed that he ended up becoming a rich banker instead of a struggling indie games developer…? (see also: streaming video on the Speccy)
- Total Recall: The Musical
- Perhaps not as impressive as the previously-mentioned Predator Rap, but then what is?
- Fixed: Size Of The Moon
- Boiling Point sounds hilariously muddled.
- Mobile browsers list and test advice
- The big hassle with thorough mobile testing is having to clutter the place up with numerous devices.
- “What The Old Timers Used To Call Cabin Fever”
- The evolution of Jack.
- Dennis Severs’ House (Wikipedia)
- It sounds like it’s perhaps best to visit without reading too much beforehand, to avoid making it all feel too contrived and pretentious.
- Unity: Car Tutorial
- I really need to have a play with Unity at some point.
- If you’ve never visualised Tetris blocks slotting into buildings then you’ve clearly never played Tetris for very long.
- BBC R7 & RA.cc: Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
- It’s not often I’ll openly suggest downloading copyrighted material, but the unabridged reading of Rogue Male is too good to not download.