26 Jan 2009
Late January Link Dump
It’s been a promising start to the year on the web, with a glut of interesting sites, so I’m saving half a dozen games for a later post.
- The Letter of Last Resort
- Wow, I’d never heard of this before.
- Registration - Royal Opera House
- Click on the Title list to see a rare case where it isn’t merely a sneaky way of gathering gender data.
- World’s Smallest Postal Service
- Send teeny tiny letters!
- 5 Cardinal Sins of Official Game Sites
- I’d also add 6. Content that disappears when the sequel’s released or the site’s redesigned
- Belkin’s Development Rep is Hiring People to Write Fake Positive Amazon Reviews
- Very naughty, and exceedingly stupid to publicly advertise the work.
- Screen capture tool that creates a PSD with windows and icons on different layers. Handy for mockups and tidying up example screenshots.
- Over 80 billion ISK embezzled from player-run bank in EVE Online
- I love the fact that this kind of thing is allowed to happen in EVE, and the way people cooperate to build up virtual financial systems in spite of the risk.
- Father Ted vs The Exorcist
- “The power of Christ compels you!” “Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!”
- Zero Clipboard
- Despite Flash 10’s new restrictions, this still manages to modify the user’s clipboard via a transparent overlay.
- Pretty Loaded
- A preloader museum. I’ve had clients who’ve insisted on having such an elaborate preloader that I had to create a preloader for the preloader.
- How Porsche hacked the financial system and made a killing
- The perils and profits of naked short selling.
- I Can Has History?
- Brace yourself…