08 Jan 2009
New Year Link Dump
An assortment of pre- and post-festive leftovers:
- Postmortem: Tale of Tales’ The Graveyard
- I rather liked The Graveyard, and it’s interesting that, like Wolfire, they noticed a far higher conversion rate amongst Mac users.
- One Two Fiver
- A clever warm-up approach for writers.
- Dear Happy Internet Traveler
- OrangeCoat’s 404 page.
- Car evolution
- Addictive viewing, and once the car starts performing well you don’t want to close the browser window.
- 20 signs you don’t want that web design project
- I’ve encountered 3-5, 7, 8, 10-13, 15, and 18-20.
- “MS Paint for sound effects”
- Cute Things Falling Asleep
- For those finding that Cute Overload isn’t overloading them with enough cute.
- Pretty mindblowing for geeks of a certain age.
- Toast Bandages
- What better way to dress a minor wound? (a close second)
- Bladder alert lost in translation; E-mail error ends up on road sign
- My Welsh has never been good, and it’s a long time since I lived there, but even I’d have spotted these mistakes.
- The Great British Sandwich
- Hold the belly button lint, extra Space Raiders, thanks.
- misprinted type
- Some useful ‘grungy’ freeware fonts.
- Gay marriage: the database engineering perspective
- This is actually a decent introduction to why database design requires far more thought than many might realise.