28 Oct 2008
October Link Dump
- Jordan Mechner: Old Journals
- He’s posting the development diary for the original Prince of Persia game, including the reference videos used for rotoscoping (that standing-jump is instantly recognisable!).
- Not as easy or effective as true font embedding, but a clever alternative to sIFR.
- Hosted Subversion with web-based tools; ideal for distributed teams of coders who don’t want to set up something like Warehouse themselves.
- The eyeballing game
- I think I scored about 2.9.
- Web Slice Format Specification
- How to mark up page fragments so that IE8’s Web Slices feature can find them.
- The Heist
- It’s a shame there isn’t a bit more variety and progression, but fun for Spy Hunter fans.
- I’m always wary of tools that claim to make 3D modelling easy, but this looks interesting for rough sketches.
- Reflections in Papervision3D
- Another great PV3D hack that makes me feel utterly inferior as an ActionScript coder.
- The Pencil Project
- Firefox-based drawing tool for diagrams and prototyping.