21 Sep 2007
Mid-September Link Dump
Yep, the virtual Post-It is already overflowing:
- Karma Ghost
- Years old, but still one of my favourite online animations.
- Teach a Man to Fish (or How to Resize Text)
- Explaining browser capabilities to users has to be better than cluttering sites with text-resizing widgets.
- Searching For Evil
- Ross Anderson talks about how phishers and scammers operate.
- Dinosaur Comics message style for Adium
- Needs plugins for talking to God and stomping on things.
- Little Computer People
- The person making the recording gets a bit impatient with the Commodore 64 classic.
- High Performance Web Sites
- Yahoo!’s Steve Souders introduces some of the ways to speed sites up (if you have a site with a lot of HTTP requests for images etc., definitely have a play with YSlow).
- Get that retro 1996 feel, including some endangered GIFs. So accurate it regularly crashes the browser.
- Primary & Secondary Actions in Web Forms
- A useful usability study about submit/cancel buttons (certainly made me rethink how I implement some forms).
- Bugs Are Magic Tricks
- It’s true, a really evil bug is utterly bemusing and seems impossible.