03 Jul 2007
June Link Dump
Yep, another clear-out of links:
- Norilsk, Russia: Enter the Dead Zone
- Somehow I doubt this site was put together by the Norilsk Tourism Board, but it’s a grimly fascinating place to read about.
- XSS Irony
- Someone discovered a hole in an IBM site, allowing arbitrary markup to be inserted, and demonstrated it with an exploit on a page that’s about Cross-Site Scripting. IBM took the page down, but hasn’t closed the ludicrously simple security hole.
- The Bane of My Existence
- Rob Filbrandt’s misanthropic cartoons.
- Forget the film, watch the titles
- Thinking about it, it’s quite rare for a film to have a title sequence that’s memorable without overshadowing the film itself. I suppose it’s another case of design needing to be appropriate and consistent (even invisible) to set the scene, rather than recklessly showy.
- A constant stream of paper-based gripes.
- Color Inspiration from the Masters of Painting
- Taking palettes from art or photos still requires a skilled eye, but is a good way of forcing yourself to try non-obvious colour schemes.
- They got loads of blog press for their Flickr cards, but I hadn’t noticed you can now directly upload pics and also create NoteCards.