31 Oct 2006
Top Ten Timewasting Techniques
- Winning tens of thousands of virtual dollars in gpokr, then losing it all to someone with an obscene animated avatar.
- Upgrading all of your software, whether it needs it or not.
- Tinkering with network and modem settings to try to somehow optimise something.
- Playing Quake 4 against Polish teenagers who effortlessly kick your arse.
- Searching endlessly for the perfect text editor.
- Watching stuff on YouTube/Google Video.
- Buying yet more weird domain names you’ll probably never use.
- Downloading yet more free fonts you’ll probably never use.
- Answering geeky questions on Ask MetaFilter and getting a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you get marked as Best Answer.
- Posting to your blog.