04 Jun 2006
May Link Dump
Yeah, I know, I’ve been slacking off with the ol’ blogging duties. Things here’ll be rather busy for another couple of weeks, but here’s the regular
notes.txt clearout to try to keep the site ticking over:
- At long last, it looks like someone might be offering a store-builder service worth using. You can use your own domain, completely customise the templates, and the only charge is a percentage of sales. Great stuff.
- A free utility that helps you avoid RSI by prompting you to take breaks and do exercises. At times that probably makes you look like you’re having a kung fu fight with the Invisible Man though.
- Custom Made Toilet Paper
- I really must think of an excuse to get some made to promote something.
- The Generator Blog
- Now they just need to create a Generator Blog generator and the site’ll run itself.
- Pretty strong, stylish stuff (for a 1922 Danish silent film). Having been pleasantly surprising by how watchable Nosferatu and Metropolis still are (rather than just being iconic artifacts), I’ll have to get round to seeing this one.
- Most of the tips aren’t worth bothering with for most sites, but I learned one or two things (for example, I hadn’t realised Safari and Opera never cache files with query strings; I’ve been using query strings to add version numbers to style sheets and scripts).