02 Apr 2006
March Link Dump
Try to think of this less as a load of old leftovers, and more as a collection of treasures I’ve carefully saved up for you:
- No, I didn’t pass out on my keyboard, it’s an old Viking boardgame (I reckon a really slick online version could work well as a multi-level puzzle, battling it out against the computer; I’ve only spotted ropy-looking implementations so far).
- I always loved these.
- I’m not a huge fan of misusing countries’ TLDs (
.tvstands for Tuvalu, not television), but this has to be one of the best domain names ever.
- “If a grizzly bear got into a fight with a gorilla, who do you think would win, and why?”
- If you’re in the UK and haven’t been following Coventry-based The Armstrongs on BBC2 then make sure you catch future repeats, as it’s an amusing/horrifying lesson in how not to run a company and manage people; as bosses, they’re absolutely vile and clueless (even allowing for clever editing/staging and playing up to the cameras). Luckily, the two Leamington Spa-based muppets on The Apprentice have been fired before the combined effect could do too much damage to this area’s business reputation. Anyway, blogjam tested them all with a probing question.
- Invicid Shop and A LABEL
- Two that would’ve made it into T Time if I’d spotted/remembered them soon enough.
- Commuting to the Office in Finland
- Makes my walk into town look terribly short and humdrum.
- Dynamic Favicons
- One of those neat little hacks that might find a real use.
- ClearType in Internet Explorer 7
- Good news: lots more people will be seeing anti-aliased text. Bad news: for some reason they’re making IE an exception instead of simply politely prompting people to try out ClearType system-wide.