21 Aug 2005
August Link Dump
I won’t be able to post anything this week, so here’s a bit of a clear-out of some links from my bulging weblog notes file:
- The Toast Shop
- An awesome concept that will surely transform the world of e-commerce.
- An interesting-looking game development system for OS X. It’ll eventually be possible to create Windows games with it, and although GooBall isn’t a fantastic game, it’s a fairly good demo of the graphics and physics engine.
- Bar None
- This reminded me of someone I once knew who got a bar code tattoo. He was rather disappointed when it failed to scan successfully at the supermarket.
- Klass of 99
- A remake of the classic Spectrum games Skool Daze and Back to Skool. Great fun if you played the originals, and a reminder of how much can be done with a handful of pixels.
- Or were you one of the rich kids with a BBC Micro? This in-browser emulator has the classic Repton (a BoulderDash rip-off) sitting in the drive; use
*EXEC !BOOTto get it going.
- Silver surfers ready to storm shops
- Never mind the content of the article, someone buy that woman in the picture a lower desk, it’s an ergonomics disaster waiting to happen.